Wednesday, December 4, 2013

One of the Best Journeys

        During my life I have traveled some beautiful places. These are:
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Orlando, Florida
- Newark, New Jersey
- New Rochelle, New York



        Among the places I have visited, traveling to Atlanta is one of the most amazing and interesting experiences I have ever had. How it was the first time I used an airplane and I traveled to other country, I was very excited about it. I had the opportunity to travel there with a volleyball team in order to compete in an international tournament (USA Volleyball Boys' Junior National Championships), where I had the chance of sharing with many players from different countries. It was a very funny experience, because we were like fifteen friends having vacations in other country during almost two weeks. It also allowed me to know another culture, with a different tradition, language, food and people. At the same time I could notice that, despite the many differences between my culture and the USA culture, we share many things in common, such as values, education and beliefs. I learned to respect people who had a different ideas and opinions, and find out that people who, despite they saw very different to me, we actually shared more things in common than I thought. I think this trip made me grow as a human being, because I had to be more independent, learn to live with people that were not my family and learn to treat and interact with people that was not from Puerto Rico. The best of all is that I did one of the things that I like the most, to play volleyball, while I expanded my knowledge about another culture.


2 comments:

  1. From the United States, I have only visited Florida but I wish to visit more states soon. I imagine that as you describe you got a great experience from that trip that you made playing volleyball representing your island. I imagine that you parents are very proud of you. Cool pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine that it is something you'll never forget! That trip sounds like too much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete