Hi, my name is Kerwin
Xadiel Cruz De La Rosa, I was born and raised in Morovis and I have one brother
and one sister. I am a senior student at the University of Puerto Rico,
Río Piedras Campus where I pursue a Biology major in order to achieve one of my
biggest dreams: to be a doctor in medicine. Also, I have always liked sports
because, since when I was a child I have been practicing some of them, being
Baseball the first sport that I played when I was just 5 years old. Then, when
I was 12, I stopped practicing Baseball and I started to play Volleyball, which
I still play nowadays. Through these years I have played for CVA (Corozal Volleyball Academy), a sport organization, and with which I had the opportunity
to travel to Atlanta, Georgia and to Orlando, Florida. I also enjoy listening
to music, watching movies and going to the beach, texting on my cellphone and most
of all, being with my friends. With them, I can share my happiest moments,
clear my mind, relax for a while and have fun at any moment, but also, they are
still with me during difficult times, supporting and helping me no matter what.
I think I can describe myself as an educate person, responsible with my things,
with a spontaneous personality, and aware of what to do to achieve my goals.
However, I think I am a very structural and straightforward person, which
sometimes is helpful but in many times can be a disadvantage. In the academic
field, I think I am a diligent, persistent and perseverant student, aware of
what I want. My goal is to be a professional, specifically, a cardiothoracic
surgeon, because I feel a great commitment with the people that could need my
help.
"We are young" by Fun is the song that I think describe how I feel most of the time.

Hi Kerwin! In my opinion, even though being so structured of a person can be a little troubled for some aspects of your life, that is a quality that will help you get really far with whatever you propose to yourself in the future, specially since the medical career is a very long and hard one. I love the song that you chose to describe and identify yourself. I really like that song myself. About your traveling experience, I agree that traveling without our parents and with friends, for whatever reason, takes us to a whole new set of experiences that make us grow as persons.
ReplyDeleteTake care :)
It's great that you had such an incredible experience in Atlanta. I wouldn't have believed it before reading! (Don't forget to add the course info on the sidebar.)
ReplyDeleteHi Kerwin! I liked how you have always played sports and have gone outside of Puerto Rico to do so. I admire that so much because I sometimes wish I could play some kind of sport, but I've just given up on the idea I don't have any sport skills whatsoever. I wish I did! And wow, a Cardiothoracic Surgeon! That's awesome! I wish you the best of success. I also liked how you could travel with so many people for the competition. I imagine that's not an easy thing to do and you were able to see the positive and learning experiences through it all. That's something I would very much like to get the oppurtunity to do because you get to know so much about yourself as well. See you in class! :)
ReplyDeleteHi. I really wish I could have had that opportunity of participating on a tournament outside of my country. It must have been extraordinary. I have never played sports on a league, just in my school team. I also wanted to tell you that I want to become a surgeon too, an orthopedic surgeon. So maybe we should keep in contact to motivate us in all those difficult moments waiting for us ahead. jajajaja
ReplyDeleteHi!! It's very admiring from you that you have gone outside the country to represent your team with your outstanding qualities in sports. I've never been in a trip like that but it must be very enthusiastic since you want to present your team as a great one and also have a good time with your teammates. I also wanted to share that I have a sister that lives in Georgia but I've never got the chance to go visit her. Now that you said that you had your greatest time in Atlanta, I'm more intrigue to go than ever! :)
ReplyDelete